Saturday, April 14, 2012

HELP! curly hair.?

I have quite big, curly and frizzy hair. The thing is I dont have ANY mousse or gel. Only Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner, and Garnier Fructis Style Pure Fix Spray. Any Ideas of how to style my hair, or get it into better shape? WITHOUT straightning, using the products above.



HELP! curly hair.?

It doesn't matter what brand of products you use. The important thing is that they don't have alcohol in them. alcohol dries out your hair and people with curly hair already have a higher chance of getting split ends without putting alcohol on it.



I was using Herbal Essence, but they recently changed the product (or at least they stopped selling it around here) and I don't like their replacement as much.



The best thing to do is put gel in when it's wet and let it dry naturally or with a very low powered hair dryer. To much air will make your hair frizz. I like to let mine air dry, but when I don't have time, I do it in the car with the heat in the dashboard...It sounds crazy, but I think it works better than any blow dryer I've used. I remember seeing a special blow dryer for curly hair once on TV about a decade ago, I'm sure they're still around, but I never tried it.



HELP! curly hair.?

I have very very big and curly and frizzy hair and i use mousse and gel to control it and make it look beautiful. Im telling you right now, the products you own WILL NOT WORK. Go out and buy herbal essences max hold gel and mousse. but keep the garnier fructis leave in conditioner because that will keep your hair more fresh and hydrated and not become too dryed out.



If none of the above works for you, I recommend you get a straightener, or japanese straighten your hair, or get it relaxed.



good luck and happy holidays!



HELP! curly hair.?

if the leave in conditioner is a cream...you can use it as a gel just don't use as much. you may want to try and get some other products like gel or a hair treatment.



HELP! curly hair.?

this is what you do,



dampin your hair then blow dry it,then spray a flat iron spray on your hair,then sreightenit,finally put some hair spray on and you are ready.



HELP! curly hair.?

marry me. I love frizzy heads. We'll make frizzy head babies.



HELP! curly hair.?

You need other products, sweetie, if you want your hair to get better. You may need to splurge and get some curl activator, so your curls become defined. But if you have to use what you have, wash your hair, add the leave-in, turn your head upside down and using an old Cotton t-shirt scrunch your hair (the Cotton wont frizzz your hair like a regular towel will). When its just damp, grab an inch of your hair and start twisting it and pin it up with bobby pins, let air dry. Or use your blow dryer on a low warm setting. When its dry blast it with cold air to set the curls, and one by one release your curls. DO NOT BRUSH YOUR CURLS!!!!!!!!!!! That only adds friz. Also you may want to be careful with the type of products you use, curly hair is really fragile, try to use stuff with low amounts of alcohol. Keep doing this and your hair shouldn't get too frizzy, but please spend a little money and get some curl activator and mouse, it will do you a world of difference.



HELP! curly hair.?

I have curly hair, and this is what I do:



-Take a shower (wash with shampoo and conditioner)



-I don't touch my hair when I get out of the shower, because then the curls separate...so I put mousse in my hair at that point so the curls stay



-Then I use my diffuser on my hair dryer, it works great



-Lastly I add the hairspray



It works great, try it.



HELP! curly hair.?

Take a look at "Curly Girls" by Lorraine Massey.



Stop using shampoo to clean your hair - you can clean your hair with conditioner and warm water in the shower, massaging the scalp the same way you would if you had put shampoo in your hair. (I know it sounds crazy, I was sure the woman was certifiable until I tried it and my hair suddenly started looking glossy and healthy and better than it had ever looked before.)



Finger comb your hair in the shower from underneath to get the tangles out and then rinse the conditioner out. Do NOT brush or comb your hair - this finger combing should be the last time you comb your hair (until next time you shower)



Most curly girls need some kind of mousse or gel, but you don't have to get something super expensive. If you blow dry your hair, be sure to use a diffuser or the lowest setting on your hair dryer and don't dry it all the way dry, leave it damp. Even if you choose not to use mousse or gel on your hair, cutting out the shampoo from your regimen will help your hair maintain its moisture and cut down on frizz.



Curly girls also need to deep condition their hair because curly hair is by its nature dry hair.



Do NOT let someone who doesn't know how to cut curly hair cut your hair for you; curly hair is not the same as straight hair but lots of stylists seem to think it's exactly the same and will treat it as if it's straight hair.



You can find some excellent products (some of which have won awards from various magazines as Product of the Year) at ouidad.com



Hope this helps!



HELP! curly hair.?

If you still wanted to use products in your hair then use sunsilk. They have different types for different types of hair. I use the purple kind cause my hair is so think. So sunsilk might be something you could try. They have shampoo, conditioner, and styling stuff fro after you get out of the shower. My uses the yellow kind cause her hair is really thin and she need body to it and it really works.



HELP! curly hair.?

AMEN! i hear ya...i have longer CURLY CURLY NATURAL curly hair!! it decides what days it wants to look good! and im glad to hear that you have embraced the fact of your curly hair...personally i love it! i love how natural it is and easy to do in the morning...however it doesnt sound like youve found an easy way to make ur curls pretty...this is my process and the things i use:



get out of the shower...halfway towel dry your hair... use a WIDE TOOTHED COMB and comb through your hair....



then apply herbel essence "set me up" mousse(green lookin bottle) throughout your hair...



and then...(sounds funny but works THE BEST) ok then i stand back and flip my hair forward and let it hit my arm...i do that like 3 times and then scrunch it, add a little more mousse or non frizz stuff...(once again herbel essence..orange squirt bottle)



scrunch your hair with your hands



then use a diffuser and blow dry...



but instead of blow drying it ALL AT ONCE...blow dry for like 10-15min then stop and do something else... so it can air dry for like 5min or so



then go back and finish blow drying it...



you would use diffuser with your blow dryer...and as you blow dry crunch your hair with you hands~~



so herbel essence has saved my life!!!!!



(oh and since its curly and you apply alot of product in your hair, my stylist told me its best to only wash my hair like 2 or 3times a week...for your natural oils to set in through your hair throughout the week.) so usually all you have to do when you wake up is put a little more mousse in your hair and go

No comments:

Post a Comment