Friday, April 20, 2012

I have curly hair, how do make it a shag?

my hair is very curly. and i need a shag for an expirement. how do i do that? would i relax my hair? and i want a straight haired shag. if that makes sense



I have curly hair, how do make it a shag?

A shag doesn't work on curly hair AT ALL (sorry!) because for a shag to look right, the ends have to fall "just so" (even though the whole point is for it to look like it just kinda "happened" that way). With curly hair, you never know WHERE the ends will ... end up!



You'd have to relax your hair to get a straight-haired shag look, but I bet it would still be too much work and still wouldn't look right. You could try it, but I'd recommend that you have it done professionally, because chemical treatments can be very damaging if they aren't done correctly (and sometimes, even if they are!)



There are many cuts that work well with curly hair. I wouldn't risk permanently damaging your hair for an "experiment" ... maybe you could just try a wig!



I have curly hair, how do make it a shag?

I have versatile hair, so it can easily go curly and just as easily go straight. However, it used to not always be that easy to manage. It has changed over the years. So, from my experience, I would say that depending on how curly your hair is, you should put a straightening syrum on it. Then blow dry it straight. Using a flat iron should help straighten/ smooth it out. You can also use flat iron spray to help make it smooth. If your hair is like super curly and won't go straight too easily, then I would say yeah, use the relaxer!

No comments:

Post a Comment